20 Every day Foods that are safe for your Dog
Most of us give are dogs treats of our own food, I know I do, but what is safe to give your dog?
- Chicken and Turkey – take of the skin and debone it and you’ll have an excellent source of protein for your dog
- Eggs – We give them cooked, but you can give them raw if you like. They are a great source of protein and eggs contain vitamins and minerals
- Rice – We give Nikita cooked white rice with boiled chicken if she has diarrhea. Make sure you don’t add any salt, white rice is an easily digestible carbohydrate
- Salmon – a great source of omega 3 fatty acids. Give your dog cooked salmon it is excellent for his coat, it keeps his coat healty and shiny
- Tuna – also a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, protein and vitamins
- Peanut Butter – the unsalted one – great source of protein it also contains heart-healthy fats, vitamin B, niacin and vitamin E
- Plain yoghurt – high in calcium and protein – you must choose yoghurt that not contains artificial sweeteners or added sugars, it is good for your dog’s digestive system.
- Cottage Cheese – high in protein and calcium
- Broccoli – when cooked, indole, a cancer fighting enzyme is released
- Raw Carrots – Carrots are high in insoluble and soluble fiber, which helps promote intestinal health.
- Spinach – high in iron
- Sweet Potatoes – take of the skin and you have a superfood for your dog, contains vitamins, calcium, folate, potassium, copper and thiamine.
- Green Beans – great for dogs.they are filing and low in calories
- Apples – give your dog an apple without the seeds. Apples are a great source of vitamins A and C, and fiber for your dog.
- Bananas – they are filled with amino acids, electrolytes, minerals, vitamins B6 and C, potassium, fiber and manganese, great for active dogs.
- Watermelon – nice and juicy for your dog
- Strawberries – full of antioxidants, fiber and vitamin C, don’t give your dog to much because of the sugar in strawberries.
- Pumpkin – contains fibers good for your dog’s intestinal health
- Pears – also take out the seeds first the you have a great source of fiber and vitamin C for your dog
- Peppermint – gives your dogs a fresh breath.
These are just a few human foods you can give your dog, start with small amounts to try if your dog not experiences any sort of reaction.
Never give these Human foods to your dog:
- artificial sweeteners
- macadamia nuts
- yeast dough
If you want to know anything about another human food what is not on this list, please leave a comment below and I’ll be happy to help you.