New Puppy Checklist
Checklist of supplies for your New Puppy
Puppy proof your home
- Make sure your new puppy has no access to laundry detergents and chemicals
- Put away breakable items, your puppy will go en explore the house and sometimes he is very exited or still a bit clumsy
- Hide or cover electrical wiring so your puppy cannot chew on it
- If you have kids, make sure the kids toys are not on the floor, your puppy can try to eat the toys
- If you have a swimmingpool or whirlpool, cover it, your puppy can drown if you don’t watch
- Make sure that all toxic plants are out of reach for your puppy. Dieffenbachia, Japanese yew, oleander and Ivy
The ride home with your new puppy
Normally when you pick up your puppy you will get some stuff from the breeder, like a toy or a blanket, this has the smell of the mother on it. But in case you don’t get anything, bring a towel rub it over the mother and if there are more pups over the other pups, to familiarize the puppy faster
Bring some tissues and a plastic bag as well in case your puppy gets car sick.
You can also consider to buy a travel crate to transport your new puppy. You will need it more often, so I recommend buying one.
Shopping list for your new puppy
- Dog food, most of the times the breeder gives you some food to start with, if you want to change the food, mix the food first to let your puppy get used to it.
- Puppy toys
- Puppy chewing bones
- A crate
- dog food and water bowl
- puppy training pads I think they are very handy
- Dog shampoo
- Tick twister
- dog nail clippers
- dog brush
- dog flea and tick control
- worm medicine for puppies, heartworm or dewormer
- Tropiclean Fresh Breath Plaque Remover Pet Clean Teeth Gel 4oz
- A Collar and a leash for your puppy
- Dog Snacks
So I think you are ready for your new puppy, have fun together and if you have any problems, or you need some advice, please leave a comment below and I will answer it.